Welcome To CameraLoops

Take a moment to join and become a member

Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from 2021

dproperfield

I bought a 2020 Chevy Silverado in 2019 and just noticed that they implemented wireless Android Auto & Apple Carplay for the 2021 models. I'm wondering if everything is integrated into the HMI unit. The wireless function operates off of Wifi, which my truck already has. The plugs are exactly the same. Anyone know if everything is contained in the HMI? I will be picking up a used module from the local recycler and doing some probing. 

Check which type of HMI is used in your car, as I read in the later vehicles GM uses an updated system that looks like these.

ybNJHNR.jpgSJcafjM.jpg

jCdAAbY.jpggmc-canyon-infotainment-8217.jpgele3aYd.jpg8tIdzKq.jpg

• Like 1

I believe you will need a different radio. There is a company that sells an upgrade, and they provide a new module. If it was just software, they'd likely offer it as a send in service.

• 4 months later...
  • Contributors

Has anybody tried the HMI vin clear file on the last picture HMI/ tuner unit?

Edit: I tried with the HMI_VIN clear.zip  from TattoTroy and i get "error decompressing file" or something similar, i tried with the sat radio file and it runs and unlocks but after a few seconds it goes back to "theftlock active". I'm trying to create a cal file from the sps cache files. 

• 2 months later...
  • Contributors

Ok i built the zip file with the cache files but when i try to program using the created file i get "the selected file is not a GMLAN file!" or something like that, i can however get the module info using GMLAN and pins 6-14 setting.

43 minutes ago, BaldPunk said:

Ok i built the zip file with the cache files but when i try to program using the created file i get "the selected file is not a GMLAN file!" or something like that, i can however get the module info using GMLAN and pins 6-14 setting.

Make sure you use 7zip to unzip the cache files before you create the archive file. 

• Contributors

Yes, i did that and built the cal with the .bin files, also check to get the correct description and the right utility file.