Welcome To CameraLoops

Take a moment to join and become a member

Airbag Light After Seat Swap

Jays

• Contributors

Good Evening,

I have recently swapped the seats in my 2016 Silverado 2500HD WT from manual cloth seats the the power leather ones. I now have an airbag light for a Drivers Seat Position Sensor.

I have now backed myself into a corner as I need an inspection sticker by 3/31 and I cannot pass with an airbag light on.

Does anyone know how I can disable the loop for Drivers Seat Position Sensor/ Un learn the sensor loop?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Airbag Codes.png

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jays

• pupu14

• LLCasaol

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SDM software expects this sensor to be present.
You either need to program different calibration files which does not have seat position sensor enabled in them, or it could just be done with running a Configuration procedure in SPS/DPS for SDM module.

Hopefully someone with a firsthand experience could vouch in about the correct path to remedy this issue of yours.

• Contributors

I have tried this already, I have gotten the Drivers Seat Position Sensor code to go away, but it still shows System configuration error because the calibration I used has a deployment loop that I have present on my truck is disabled on the calibration so it knows it's connected and throws a code. I just can't win

• Contributors

I was trying to figure out what exactly the position sensors does when triggered vs not triggered. At first I thought it was just a reed switch to short the two wires if the seat is in a specific position, it is not.

Then reading the SI documentation, it has you check for 1-9v between the sensor and ground pin so I thought maybe a potentiometer/resistor voltage divider, but once again only two pins so it would need a +VDC and a -VDC as well as signal out references

The sensor has only two wires for connection. Is there anyway for me to jump it so it thinks the position sensors is there?

Well, it's a Hall sensor for sure. Check MLX92241, MLX92242 chips for example. It is clearly stated in the datasheet that they are used for seat positioning, lol.

And ECU knows the state, because it can monitor the current. In both ON and OFF states there is some current flowing through it. No current = no connection = error on the dash.

• Contributors

I just spliced the position sensors from my old seat into the new one (wires weren't present) it no longer complains about the sensor being open, but now it complains that System Configuration Error still. Light is still on

• Contributors

Is it any metal, a magnet? I just want to fake it so I get my sticker for now. The sensor is just there to tell if the seat is too close to the steering wheel to activate full power of airbag or not? Can I jump it to the close position so it is not harmful?