Welcome To CameraLoops

Take a moment to join and become a member

K43 - Programming fault

kanafin

• Contributors

Hi, does any have a solution to turn off MIL request / DTC from the EPS / Electric Power Steering? 

I have a 2017 Camaro, which had a lot of issues from not correct calibrated modules and VIN's in them, that's all sorted now.

The problem with the EPS is, that when trying to program it, I get an error from it for being a 2 byte seed. It should be 5, as I understand. 

BUT the power steering works flawlessly. I tried buying a BRAND NEW EPS from USA, and reprogrammed it and everything - car wouldn't talk with it. 

Luckily I could return it to the shop I bought it from. 

I could program it, but couldn't read data/voltage etc. Very strange. 

So, my soulition would be, if anyone knows how to turn off the error / DTC? Since everything is working with the old module, besides I can't program it - but as long as power steering works, I'm happy. 

I have access to HP Tuners, but there I can only do Engine and Trans diagnosticts. I have looked in the IPC XML files, and can't see a way either there. 

Any help is appreciated! 

I don’t know if the eps has a dtc in the IPC. Post the IPC xml file, I’ll disable all dtc in the IPC, then you could test if dtc still shows on the IPC. 

• Contributors
44 minutes ago, kanafin said:

Hi, does any have a solution to turn off MIL request / DTC from the EPS / Electric Power Steering? 

I have a 2017 Camaro, which had a lot of issues from not correct calibrated modules and VIN's in them, that's all sorted now.

The problem with the EPS is, that when trying to program it, I get an error from it for being a 2 byte seed. It should be 5, as I understand. 

BUT the power steering works flawlessly. I tried buying a BRAND NEW EPS from USA, and reprogrammed it and everything - car wouldn't talk with it. 

Luckily I could return it to the shop I bought it from. 

I could program it, but couldn't read data/voltage etc. Very strange. 

So, my soulition would be, if anyone knows how to turn off the error / DTC? Since everything is working with the old module, besides I can't program it - but as long as power steering works, I'm happy. 

I have access to HP Tuners, but there I can only do Engine and Trans diagnosticts. I have looked in the IPC XML files, and can't see a way either there. 

Any help is appreciated! 

you have issue on data communication,, databus diagnostic tools helps you identify the issue,,,

• Contributors
5 hours ago, Troy said:

I don’t know if the eps has a dtc in the IPC. Post the IPC xml file, I’ll disable all dtc in the IPC, then you could test if dtc still shows on the IPC. 

Hi Troy, thank you. I will try it out when you have done it and get back to you 🙂 uploaded all the files, just in case... 

BuildRecord.txt BuildRecord.xml XMLFile.xml

• Contributors
5 hours ago, LLCasaol said:

you have issue on data communication,, databus diagnostic tools helps you identify the issue,,,

Hi, what makes you think it's error on the databus? And how would you go on diagnosing that? Becouse through DPS I can read out the vin and such from the module, and it comes back as a 2 byte seed. In SPS I can also get contact with the module and see the calibration as (Unreg calibration) BUT on DTC's it says unreganoiseble calibration in module...

• Contributors
49 minutes ago, kanafin said:

Hi, what makes you think it's error on the databus? And how would you go on diagnosing that? Becouse through DPS I can read out the vin and such from the module, and it comes back as a 2 byte seed. In SPS I can also get contact with the module and see the calibration as (Unreg calibration) BUT on DTC's it says unreganoiseble calibration in module...

read on databus diagnostic first,, all gm technician have it

• Like 1

Try this file.

XMLFile-DTC OFF.xml

• Love-it 1

• Contributors
On 3/16/2024 at 1:29 AM, Troy said:

Hi Troy,

Tried loading it in, I'm getting this error. Do you know the cause of that? 

I can talk with the module by requesting data, I can also access it from GDS. 

I have programmed it before, when I removed some RPO codes. 

I followed the tutorial you had, and did the same today - but now with this error messeage. 

Thanks

ConfigLog.Txt

1 minute ago, kanafin said:

Hi Troy,

Tried loading it in, I'm getting this error. Do you know the cause of that? 

I can talk with the module by requesting data, I can also access it from GDS. 

I have programmed it before, when I removed some RPO codes. 

I followed the tutorial you had, and did the same today - but now with this error messeage. 

Thanks

ConfigLog.Txt 262 B · 1 download

Place the XML file in C:\DPS\Config, then load it into DPS from that folder.

• Cheers 1

• Contributors
On 3/16/2024 at 1:29 AM, Troy said:

Hi Troy,

Tried the file, error's still occur for powersteering unfortunately. Can it be that it request a MIL lamp, for that error, and it's not possible to deleted from showing a messeage? 

• Contributors
On 3/19/2024 at 4:40 PM, Lyubomir Krastanov said:

Find another tool and program and configure all modules. With HP tuner will not do anything. 

Which do you mean? I have a genuine MDI 2 and genuine GDS2 / SPS account.

I know HP Tuners I can't get rid of that error, I use HP Tuners for my exhaust, V4 mode, tune etc...