Welcome To CameraLoops

Take a moment to join and become a member

Changing from Chevy blue to GMC red theme HMI

NDCharlie

Go to solution Solved by codebuilder,

• Contributors

I've change everything over from the chevy blue to GMC red except for radio display which to my understanding is the HMI.

What would be my best option for getting the right theme but also all the options I currently have? The newest HMI from a GMC with that theme I've been able to find is a 2016 and a HMI 2.0 

Do I need to find a GMC one and then change vin to match my truck or can my 2.5 HMI be programmed to have that theme? 

That's going to be a tricky one. If you have an HMI of 2.5, you can use eBay.com to look for GMC for sale, as most sellers list the VIN in the listing. Then, use those VINs in GM SPS service to program your HMI until you find a theme and specs that work. The only thing is, without a GM SPS dealer account, testing all those VINs will cost a lot.  An alternative would be to use the Acdelco VIN slot trick to download only the calibration files from Adelco and then manually create the HMI DPS archive file then program the HMI using DPS

@codebuilder is a genius when it comes to HMI coding, maybe he can help.

Acdelco VIN slot trick.

• Like 1

• Contributors
1 hour ago, NDCharlie said:

I've change everything over from the chevy blue to GMC red except for radio display which to my understanding is the HMI.

What would be my best option for getting the right theme but also all the options I currently have? The newest HMI from a GMC with that theme I've been able to find is a 2016 and a HMI 2.0 

Do I need to find a GMC one and then change vin to match my truck or can my 2.5 HMI be programmed to have that theme? 

Post your VIN and I'll see what I can match up for you.

• Contributors
4 hours ago, BLKATSG said:

I think I found a VIN that will match, but I need the part number of your HMI to double check.

PIN for your VIN is 6908

Thanks! 

Part number for my HMI is 84156699

• Contributors
On 2/4/2024 at 1:28 PM, BLKATSG said:

Sorry, I'm still pretty new to this. Is that file ready to be flashed with DPS or do I need to build an archive file with those? 

• Contributors

It looks like I need more work learning to build the files. I got the file creator but running into hardware issues. Once I've got it figured out and can try it I'll let you know how it worked. Thank you for the help so far! 

• Contributors

Ahhh, you're trying to do what I'm did....  it's not that hard.  Ok, I've properly packaged the files BLKAGSG made you here.3GTU2NEC3HG244972-2017-GMC-Sierra-HMI-UL.zip3GTU2NEC3HG244972-2017-GMC-Sierra-HMI-Stock.zip

The -UL, I spoiled you and gave you the video in motion unlock, etc.

These should get you going.  So if I'm understanding correctly:

- Upgrading from an HMI 2.0 to 2.5?

- Changing from blue to red <- I had blue by mistake

If you already have an HMI 2.5 and you're simply wanting to switch to red, I just need to take your VIN (I see it above) then modify your calibration to the red theme.  It doesn't take me long.  

I have Corvette themed, Cadillac themed, blue, red, etc...  I'm running Corvette currently lol.

• Contributors
11 minutes ago, codebuilder said:

Ahhh, you're trying to do what I'm did....  it's not that hard.  Ok, I've properly packaged the files BLKAGSG made you here.3GTU2NEC3HG244972-2017-GMC-Sierra-HMI-UL.zip3GTU2NEC3HG244972-2017-GMC-Sierra-HMI-Stock.zip

The -UL, I spoiled you and gave you the video in motion unlock, etc.

These should get you going.  So if I'm understanding correctly:

- Upgrading from an HMI 2.0 to 2.5?

- Changing from blue to red <- I had blue by mistake

If you already have an HMI 2.5 and you're simply wanting to switch to red, I just need to take your VIN (I see it above) then modify your calibration to the red theme.  It doesn't take me long.  

I have Corvette themed, Cadillac themed, blue, red, etc...  I'm running Corvette currently lol.

Thank you! 

I already have a 2.5, I'm just wanting to switch to the red theme.

• Contributors
Just now, NDCharlie said:

Thank you! 

I already have a 2.5, I'm just wanting to switch to the red theme.

Give me 5 minutes, I'm just downloading the files for your VIN and going to build you a few to play with :).  I realized after I read the colours backwards lol

• Contributors
  • Solution
15 minutes ago, NDCharlie said:

Crew cab

Alright, here you go...  I gave you a few.  Stock is, completely stock.  Anything with -UL is unlocked (video in motion, warning screen frequency 255 times instead of like 8, and a few other things).

These are all packaged and ready to use in DPS.  Do not rename the files (they MUST match the .tbl file inside - sometimes the browser does (1), etc), and no need to extract.  Enjoy! 🙂

3GCUKSEJ6HG178673-2017-Chevy-Silverado-Cadillac-UL.zip 3GCUKSEJ6HG178673-2017-Chevy-Silverado-Corvette-UL.zip 3GCUKSEJ6HG178673-2017-Chevy-Silverado-Red-UL.zip 3GCUKSEJ6HG178673-2017-Chevy-Silverado-Stock.zip 3GCUKSEJ6HG178673-2017-Chevy-Silverado-Stock-UL.zip

• Like 1

• Contributors
3 minutes ago, codebuilder said:

Alright, here you go...  I gave you a few.  Stock is, completely stock.  Anything with -UL is unlocked (video in motion, warning screen frequency 255 times instead of like 8, and a few other things).

These are all packaged and ready to use in DPS.  Do not rename the files (they MUST match the .tbl file inside - sometimes the browser does (1), etc), and no need to extract.  Enjoy! 🙂

3GCUKSEJ6HG178673-2017-Chevy-Silverado-Cadillac-UL.zip 5.68 kB · 0 downloads 3GCUKSEJ6HG178673-2017-Chevy-Silverado-Corvette-UL.zip 5.69 kB · 0 downloads 3GCUKSEJ6HG178673-2017-Chevy-Silverado-Red-UL.zip 5.67 kB · 0 downloads 3GCUKSEJ6HG178673-2017-Chevy-Silverado-Stock.zip 5.67 kB · 0 downloads 3GCUKSEJ6HG178673-2017-Chevy-Silverado-Stock-UL.zip 5.68 kB · 0 downloads

Awesome, thank you so much!