Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Result

Welcome To Cameraloops

Take a moment to join and become a member

Thinkware U1000 dash cam and iVolt mini battery install and mod

Troy

Thinkware U1000 dash cam and iVolt mini battery install and mod

This is not really a review as they're already tons of reviews all over the web about the Thinkware U1000 DashCam.

In this article I display my mods for discreetly installing the U1000 in my car and modifying two Thinkware iVolt mini battery for longer parking mode recording without using the car's battery.

It's a shame Thinkware didn't design the iVolt mini battery with a USB port and a port for extending the battery like some of the other brands.

The U1000 live view feature via the in car always on wifi.

Yep' alert notification to my mobile phone when the dashcam senses even a slight movement or thump, plus I can login to view the live footage for both front and rear cameras from anywhere in the world. It fully works and is a great feature from Thinkware dash cam.

The Thinkware battery teardown

Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and modThinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and modThinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and modThinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and modIMG_4549.jpgThinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown

The think ware battery mod

Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown

The car's mirror trim mod

Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown

The install

Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown IMG_4396.jpgIMG_4395.jpgIMG_4398.jpgIMG_4399.jpgIMG_4401.jpgIMG_4403.jpgThinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown Thinkware U1000 and iVolt battery install and mod teardown

Troy

About The Author

Troy is a professional Artist, Photographer, Videographer, Musician and Creator with a love for arts, electronics, coding, hacking, traveling, taking photos and creating internet content. He is also the founder of CameraLoops.com

View full

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2021 at 6:43 PM, Troy said:

Great post! 
1) Can you please share photo or describe how to open the iVolt case? I just bought the same kit as yours but can't seem to find screw location or a seam to pry. 
2) Please list the parts you used (link to buy would be super helpful)

30 minutes ago, Frank Drogotto said:

Hi Frank, thanks. 
The battery cover is held on by 4 plastic clips at the top four corners. 
use a plastic pry tool or flat head screwdriver to pry the top off. 
Check the attached photo. 

The parts I used were stuff I already had. 
I’ll check the wire size and connectors and list then later. 
1EA30E17-9737-4EA7-983C-D9B374B86D4F.jpeg

• Thanks 1