Welcome To CameraLoops

Take a moment to join and become a member

Activating heated seats in a Bolt EV

Crocodile

Go to solution Solved by Crocodile,

• Contributors
Just now, Crocodile said:

What am I doing wrong? Even when I upload the "absolute factory" file from you via DPS, it bricks the car. It's probably something simple. image.png.a1c471bda3bc85dcd2771805d9dccd05.pngI press the "Program" button. Any settings perhaps?

I can almost bet it's a learn option.  Give me a few to go get the setup part.

• Contributors

Could my China clone MDI be faulty? Although I have used it for 5 years with SPS and GDS on countless cars without an issue.

No, you wouldn't have programmed successfully.  I'm convinced there's a learn procedure.  Just booting my stuff up to look.

• Contributors

Yess! It worked! SPS BCM Learn unbricked the car, and the "park light on" went away.

image.png.787ab7929a823cebdf8a8da0251b6fd4.png

Now I will install the HS file, then run another Learn.

Yeah, that's what I worried.  We should try and build a T4 app so you can skip having to login to SPS haha.  Save's time but then again, how often will you do this?

• Contributors
17 minutes ago, Crocodile said:

So there is no separate K74 HMI on the Bolt, so A11 radio is what we need to try, I think.

I realized that after too :).  Just have to run out for a bit but can get you it after

• Solution

Thank you @codebuilder, it is with your invaluable help, I have now solved this challenge.
A11 Radio and BCM both needed to be reprogrammed with their heated seat software versions. Then BCM Learn had to be performed separately, in order to unbrick the car. And then clear all DTCs afterwards to turn off the CEL.

• Love-it 1