Jump to content

Welcome To CameraLoops

Take a moment to join and become a member

Siri/Google voice is not working after upgrading the HMI to 2.5


Nasser
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone

I have upgraded the HMI from 1.1 to 2.5

everything is working fine

USB, Carplay, Android Auto, Bluetooth, Radio, Rear Camera

but in Apple's Carplay, I can't hear Siri's voice, same in Android Auto, I can't hear Google Assistant's voice

I am not sure if it was the HMI or the Radio that's causing this

HMI - Identification Information.pdf HMI - Data Display.pdf Radio - Data Display.pdf Radio - Identification Information.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Contributors
16 minutes ago, Nasser said:

Hello everyone

I have upgraded the HMI from 1.1 to 2.5

everything is working fine

USB, Carplay, Android Auto, Bluetooth, Radio, Rear Camera

but in Apple's Carplay, I can't hear Siri's voice, same in Android Auto, I can't hear Google Assistant's voice

I am not sure if it was the HMI or the Radio that's causing this

HMI - Identification Information.pdf 353.53 kB · 0 downloads HMI - Data Display.pdf 291.83 kB · 0 downloads Radio - Data Display.pdf 246.83 kB · 0 downloads Radio - Identification Information.pdf 195.92 kB · 0 downloads

There's a few things we could try ....   I can give you my radio calibrations, flash them see if Siri starts, if not, flash back, then do the same with the HMI.  If one of them makes Siri's voice work, we can drill it down from there possibly.  Assuming one (or both) of those work.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, codebuilder said:

There's a few things we could try ....   I can give you my radio calibrations, flash them see if Siri starts, if not, flash back, then do the same with the HMI.  If one of them makes Siri's voice work, we can drill it down from there possibly.  Assuming one (or both) of those work.

 

Thank you very much
the weird thing is that the sounds work perfectly fine in Carplay, I use Spotify/YouTube and there is no problem, the only issue is the Siri voice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Contributors
3 minutes ago, Lyubomir Krastanov said:

Yes, is normal. Require recalibration to allow radio controls to work

I gave Nasser a HMI calibration but I can't remember if I gave a radio calibration....  but yeah, I'm leaning it's the radio too.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Usually when you upgrade to an HMI 2.5 from a lower HMI version, you have to also upgrade the radio module, using a radio module taken from a vehicle that originally had the HMI 2.5.

 

Alternatively, you can update the incompatible radio module’s firmware using the radio firmware software that was originally created for vehicles that had the HMI 2.5. 
I don’t know if programming only the calibration files will work. 
 

Here is the link for the radio module’s firmware. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2023 at 12:06 PM, Troy said:

Usually when you upgrade to an HMI 2.5 from a lower HMI version, you have to also upgrade the radio module, using a radio module taken from a vehicle that originally had the HMI 2.5.

 

Alternatively, you can update the incompatible radio module’s firmware using the radio firmware software that was originally created for vehicles that had the HMI 2.5. 
I don’t know if programming only the calibration files will work. 
 

Here is the link for the radio module’s firmware. 

 

Thank you for the clarification 

Would I be able to update the radio firmware if I didn't upgrade the USB module?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I already flashed my HMI 2.5 with a calibration file from @codebuilder but still, Siri/Google Voice isn't working
also tried a calibration file for the Radio from a 2017 Silvrado I think, but got an error while programming it and bricked the radio, I had to unplug the battery to get it to work again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Contributors
On 1/14/2024 at 1:45 PM, Nasser said:

I already flashed my HMI 2.5 with a calibration file from @codebuilder but still, Siri/Google Voice isn't working
also tried a calibration file for the Radio from a 2017 Silvrado I think, but got an error while programming it and bricked the radio, I had to unplug the battery to get it to work again

I could be wrong but in my experience, it depends on the OS being flashed to the HMI.  Can you send me the calibration numbers of your HMI again?  

 

What happened with me was, in the US, there was someone selling EU HMI's.  The OS is actually different on the US vehicles vs the EU vehicles.  The ONLY way I was able to get Siri to work was by replacing files at the file system.  The EU model would NOT accept the US flash.  They looked identical, operated identical but I could not get Siri to work on it otherwise.  I've since bricked that unit as it was my test bench unit but it surprised me.  There's also a code (I can't think of where it is right now) that states whether it's nav, non-nav, EU, US (and probably more) that if that code doesn't match the USB update, it will not load it.  I had an 84089009 (EU) and an 84089011 (US), the 84089009 was the one I could not get Siri to work unless I did it at the file system (which was messy).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, codebuilder said:

I could be wrong but in my experience, it depends on the OS being flashed to the HMI.  Can you send me the calibration numbers of your HMI again?  

 

What happened with me was, in the US, there was someone selling EU HMI's.  The OS is actually different on the US vehicles vs the EU vehicles.  The ONLY way I was able to get Siri to work was by replacing files at the file system.  The EU model would NOT accept the US flash.  They looked identical, operated identical but I could not get Siri to work on it otherwise.  I've since bricked that unit as it was my test bench unit but it surprised me.  There's also a code (I can't think of where it is right now) that states whether it's nav, non-nav, EU, US (and probably more) that if that code doesn't match the USB update, it will not load it.  I had an 84089009 (EU) and an 84089011 (US), the 84089009 was the one I could not get Siri to work unless I did it at the file system (which was messy).

This is the last HMI archive that you sent me
image.png.961ea80e28f6382de92376085c2783c6.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Contributors
5 hours ago, Nasser said:

This is the last HMI archive that you sent me
image.png.961ea80e28f6382de92376085c2783c6.png

It's not the calibrations, it's the actual software itself (USB update) that I found was too different between the EU and US HMI's.  I had to break into the shell to actually fix my EU one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...