Welcome To CameraLoops

Take a moment to join and become a member

Chevy Bolt(Opel Ampera-E) K56 Serial gateway problem

mikko virta

Go to solution Solved by codebuilder,

Hello,
I have a 2020 Opel Ampera-E, which is essentially a Chevy BOLT.
 I had a minor mishap with the SPS2 update, and the end result is that the K56B (serial gateway) update was interrupted. It was later revealed that this particular component should not be updated if there are HV DTC codes in the car (which I had).

Now, the situation is that I can't connect to those modules with the GDS2 tool where those HV DTCs are located. This is because the Serial B gateway no longer functions.

So, I'm essentially in a loop where I can't update the Serial B Gateway because the fault codes have not been reset, and on the other hand, I can't reset the fault codes because the Serial B gateway is not working.

I have saved (SPS cache) the BIN files that should be updated to the K56 module, but I wonder if they can be updated with DPS

And if I try to update them with that, is the situation the same as when updating with SPS?

Do I have any other options other than buying a K56 module??

Can I, for example, bypass the K56 with resistors and thus reset the HV DTCs???

I hope this helps! If you have further questions, please let me know. I am quite out

Hello,

I don't know if this applies for your car model, but I have seen an option to "reset/delete DTC before programming" option in SPS2 for some modules related to hybrid (electric) drivetrain. Is there anything like that for your vehicle? Check all related ECU which have HV DTCs stored..

• Contributors
5 hours ago, mikko virta said:

Hello. Thank you for the quick response. Do you have any idea how I could access those modules where the HV DTC codes are located? (HPCM2)
What i have been investigated communication goes trhough Serial B gateway 😞

Scan with GDS2 as simple and post pdf report

I tried today to update the Serial Gateway B, and the error that appeared in the log was: [>> Target address 0x0047 not in mapping matrix!] The address for Serial Gateway B is 0x0047. When I tried updating Serial Gateway A (addressed at 0x0045), it was successful.

Is there anything I might try?

And if I find a replacement part, can I update the calibration files to it using DPS?

47_NOT_IN_MATRIX.Txt

• Contributors

Before try to update module, get BCM errors sorted, ecm sorted and so on. Check TSB for procedures to flash Gateway module after crash. Or share your VIN. 

ps actually Bolt have exactly similar issue. To sort EV module 2, have to sort temp sensors issue and then execute SPS. DTC cannot be deleted via any diagnostic software. I’m more concern about 24 dtc in BCM

• Contributors

please attach full pdf dtc report, not pictures. And I'm afraid u should check if K56 is dead...if programming is kill boot is replacement or bdm option. For BDM will require to have working K56 and copy data.

K56.pdf

On 10/8/2023 at 1:33 PM, mikko virta said:

Hello,
I have a 2020 Opel Ampera-E, which is essentially a Chevy BOLT.
 I had a minor mishap with the SPS2 update, and the end result is that the K56B (serial gateway) update was interrupted. It was later revealed that this particular component should not be updated if there are HV DTC codes in the car (which I had).

Now, the situation is that I can't connect to those modules with the GDS2 tool where those HV DTCs are located. This is because the Serial B gateway no longer functions.

So, I'm essentially in a loop where I can't update the Serial B Gateway because the fault codes have not been reset, and on the other hand, I can't reset the fault codes because the Serial B gateway is not working.

I have saved (SPS cache) the BIN files that should be updated to the K56 module, but I wonder if they can be updated with DPS

And if I try to update them with that, is the situation the same as when updating with SPS?

Do I have any other options other than buying a K56 module??

Can I, for example, bypass the K56 with resistors and thus reset the HV DTCs???

I hope this helps! If you have further questions, please let me know. I am quite out

Hello!!! Replace K56B (serial gateway) clear HV DTCs and after reprogram module k56 first A after B

Some updates.
I got SerialGateway Module.  It's now installed and car is woke up almost normal. 
When looking Serial Gateway Infos i see, that calibrations are correct but there is Donor car VIN.

When doing scan i got two DTC's from HPCM2(P1B78 andP0BBD).  
When trying to do Secured HV DTC reset of HPCM2 i got error[Request rejected by Control Module].

First theory what came my mind is: Serial Gateway VIN need to reprog, but then i realize that last time when i did this activity that programming was ended to error. 

I should mention that last time Hood was also open and it is adviced to keep closed(SPS2 in forming this)

So what i shall try to consider to do next ? I am afreaid that i will broke this serial gateway module also 😞

And is there any alternative route to reset HV Secured DTC's ?
And do you think, that wrong VIN code of serial gateway module could prevent that Reseting of Secured DTC's

1 hour ago, mikko virta said:

Деякі оновлення.
Я отримав модуль SerialGateway. Зараз він встановлений, і машина майже нормально прокинулася. 
Переглядаючи інформацію про послідовний шлюз, я бачу, що калібрування правильні, але є VIN автомобіля донора.

Під час сканування я отримав два DTC від HPCM2 (P1B78 і P0BBD).  
Під час спроби виконати скидання безпечного HV DTC HPCM2 я отримав помилку [Запит відхилено модулем керування].

Перша теорія, яка мені спала на думку, така: потрібно повторно запрограмувати VIN послідовного шлюзу, але потім я зрозумів, що минулого разу, коли я робив це, програмування завершилося через помилку. 

Я маю зазначити, що минулого разу капот також був відкритий, і його рекомендується тримати закритим (SPS2 у формуванні цього).

Отже, що я спробую зробити далі? Я боюся, що я також зламаю цей модуль послідовного шлюзу 😞

І чи є якийсь альтернативний спосіб скинути HV Secured DTC?
І чи вважаєте ви, що неправильний VIN-код модуля послідовного шлюзу може перешкодити скиданню захищених DTC

reprogram hpcm2  with latest calibrations

Here is screenshot from SPS2 tool warning, when you starting update Serial gateway module.
I am now thinking, that 12V condition is mentioned and also pointed that HOOD need to be  closed.

There is no any indication that if HPCM2 module has DTC's you cant start updating.
Does anybody confirm this ?

we need to remember that last time when old module udating by SPS was gone wrong my hood was open

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-07 at 17.27.48.jpeg

6 minutes ago, mikko virta said:

Here is screenshot from SPS2 tool warning, when you starting update Serial gateway module.
I am now thinking, that 12V condition is mentioned and also pointed that HOOD need to be  closed.

There is now indication that if HPCM2 module has DTC's you cant start updating.
Does anybody confirm this ?

we need to remember that last time when old module udating by SPS was gone wrong my hood was open

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-07 at 17.27.48.jpeg

reprogram hpcm2  with latest calibrations, clear HV DTC and try to start the car. Must be  "ready" . Later, reprogram in the service mode module k56 first A after B

Everything else but those sequred DTC's of HPCM2. 

If we assume, that my Serial Gateway doesn't have exact correct calibrations, but it seems to work on some level.
 Then i use DPS tool for programming HPCM2 is there any major RISKS ?
Also does this reprogramming by DPS clear also sequred DTC's like SPS did on that session when i was week ago updating ?

20 minutes ago, mikko virta said:

Thanks for clearing this out.
But how i can update it ?   SPS says that it already has correct calibrations.
I doesn't have those files saved to computer what SPS was downloaded on that session when i was Updated HPCM2 via SPS.

program the same and they will clear

no risks!!!! JUST PROGRAM!!!!  HPCM2