Welcome To CameraLoops

Take a moment to join and become a member

How to change the VIN number in GM K43 electric Power steering control module using DPS

Troy

How to change the VIN number in GM K43 electric Power steering control module using DPS

Changing the VIN number in a used GM K43 electric Power steering control module is vital for car parts recycling.

You can achieve it by using this special DPS vin change file.

Watch the video, which demonstrate the quick and fast process.

Power Steering Module VIN Number Change DPS File

Troy

About The Author

Troy is a professional Artist, Photographer, Videographer, Musician and Creator with a love for arts, electronics, coding, hacking stuff, traveling, taking photos and creating internet content. He is also the founder of CameraLoops.com

View full

6 hours ago, QUSAY OSMAN said:

HI TROY WE CAN DO THIS FOR ANY MODULE OR A CERTAIN MODULE

Only certain module that stores a Vin number like BCM, IPC, Brake ABS, Power steering. ECM can be done but I'm still working on a solution.

5 hours ago, Troy said:

Only certain module that stores a Vin number like BCM, IPC, Brake ABS, Power steering. ECM can be done but I'm still working on a solution.

thanks for answer

• Contributors˚

This is brilliant. Recently I did some research on techline connect software, and I found  VINs could also be changed by the function of configuration&setup.

Could you share more info on how to change Vin on Tlc.

Up to a month ago i was able to change Ecm Vin by

Manually  type in  Vin, Highlight Vin, hit enter.

Was working like old sps, looks like they patched that as working no more.

3 hours ago, Carfixr1977 said:

Could you share more info on how to change Vin on Tlc.

Up to a month ago i was able to change Ecm Vin by

Manually  type in  Vin, Highlight Vin, hit enter.

Was working like old sps, looks like they patched that as working no more.

I don't know how to change vin in ECM using DPS.

• 1 month later...

Hi,i need help for reflash use hvac module so i try with sps2 but failed reprogramming so i have DPS 4.46.6000 but i not have hvac module address i test reading pcm,abs,bcm reading so i need dps file for reflash or change vin or unlock module for reflash,note if someone have all modules address for DPS,thanks.

• Contributors
On 4/25/2022 at 12:44 PM, Starmobile said:

Hi,i need help for reflash use hvac module so i try with sps2 but failed reprogramming so i have DPS 4.46.6000 but i not have hvac module address i test reading pcm,abs,bcm reading so i need dps file for reflash or change vin or unlock module for reflash,note if someone have all modules address for DPS,thanks.

What car do you have ?

What programming tool are you using ?

I am having a problem programming brand new HVAC module. 

Hi,i use GM MDI original so i want to reprogram use hvac module because new module is backorder for more than 1 month for change vin and immo id relearn because DPS can modify options RPO xml files and vin change reflash i not test just see in this site so i want to know DPS modules address the car is Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 2016 i succeed reprogram some module but not hvac,thanks.

• 3 months later...

Hi, can this work on 2013-2014 GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox  electronic power  steering VIN replacement?

19 minutes ago, Samuel Adu said:

Hi, can this work on 2013-2014 GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox  electronic power  steering VIN replacement?

I don’t know as this file was created for insignia Buick Regal. If the files doesn’t work and you can provide the utility file for that module I can create a dps vin file of it. 

• Like 1