Jump to content

Welcome To Cameraloops

Take a moment to join and become a member

How to create GM DPS archive file from SPS cache files for HMI module

This tutorial will demonstrate getting the calibration files for the HMI module and creating the DPS archive file for the HMI module.
    This process can be used for the other modules.

Click the fullscreen icon for larger viewing.Screenshot 2021-06-13 at 1.37.02 pm.png

Troy

About The Author

Troy is a professional Artist, Photographer, Videographer, Musician and Creator with a love for arts, electronics, coding, hacking stuff, traveling, taking photos and creating internet content. He is also the founder of CameraLoops.com

• Like 4
    • Thanks 1
    • Love-it 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey Troy, can you please share an utility file and one calibration file? I didn't manage to solve that issue that the archive created is not a GMLAN archive. thanks

Link to comment

thanks Troy. It's clear for me now that my files from sps folder are somehow encrypted. I'm using GT32 offline.

2 hours ago, Abdullah Anwar said:

Great work

Is there anyway that i can extract maps from hmi module ? Or add other language?

It should be possible but I don't know how to do it yet.

• Love-it 1

On 6/8/2021 at 7:49 AM, WhiteAndBlue said:

Can you try with online sps?

Link to comment

no, I don't have online access. Tried something right now and guess what....managed to unpack the files from sps folder with 7zip. I can see some plain text in files so now they are good, build a new archive and I'm not getting that message anymore. So I'm on the right track, I'll start to build the bench loom now. I hope to succeed at the end.

On 6/9/2021 at 12:04 PM, WhiteAndBlue said:

? @loom.   I created a bench setup recently.  It took me some weeks to sort it. It was pain to get the HMI to speak on the HS-can line.

In the end I learnt some stuff about it.

For the HMI, all the units must be on the MOST line ie, IPC, CD drive, HMI, Radio, and BCM and/or the MOST loop must be complete.

And most important the BCM is the one who gives the orders if the HMI should speak or not via the 'Serial Data Communication Enable' wire.

I'm using an old xbox360 power supply to power the modules.

IMG_4908.jpeg

Bofore

IMG_4774 2.jpg

Link to comment

Hello Troy! Big thanks for your work! Can you post this tutorial in a normal html/pdf? This book format is very weird for us! Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Kovacs Nora said:

Unfortunately it wasn't made in a PDF format and I can't convert it.

You could try a different web browser like Firefox and Chrome.

Link to comment

It will not be my first one ?. I only need to connect ABS pump (which I want to... let's say "hack"), BCM and ECM. Probably I'll do a complete one  with IPC, light switch, as I have more mods in mind to do.

• Like 1

hi Troy

Great work THANKS

i just build few file already radio, bcm, hmi and cluster calibration

do you figure out where touchpad located?

i have my 2,5 install on my car with all extra, done by professionals (see picture) and calibration is similar like your file,

I think touchpad sit in Display interface Calibration file.

what you think?44117474_2021-06-1212_50_52.thumb.jpg.d53a8f36bb6d9b6c1287e79a79dee58c.jpg44117474_2021-06-1212_50_52.thumb.jpg.d53a8f36bb6d9b6c1287e79a79dee58c.jpg

2021-05-15 10.07.38.jpg

2021-05-15 10.07.42.jpg

2021-05-15 10.08.26.jpg

2021-05-15 10.08.37.jpg

On 6/12/2021 at 10:43 PM, M Ch said:

hi Troy

Great work THANKS

i just build few file already radio, bcm, hmi and cluster calibration

do you figure out where touchpad located?

I think touchpad sit in Display interface Calibration file.

2021-05-15 10.07.38.jpg

2021-05-15 10.07.42.jpg

2021-05-15 10.08.26.jpg

2021-05-15 10.08.37.jpg

Good stuff?.

I remember seeing the touchpad cali in either the HMI or the radio. I'll check later.

• Contributors

@troy i like your setup!, you don't need to have all the devices in the MOST for it to work, but the loop should be closed, the only 2 basic modules for the system are the HMI and the tuner (radio module) and the display of course.

• Thanks 1
    Link to comment

Thanks Troy I had a 2018 silverado I was trying to get a arps file to work. It just didnt work. Then I unzipped with 7zip and built a arps file with the bin files and that worked. But it did not let me change the VIN. I need to play around with that yet.  I did try the SET_MEC_TO ZERO and that let me write a new vin over it with SPS so I may just have to use that option

Link to comment

Hi. I tried to take the bin files from SPSCache folder but there was no files during the SPS procedure. I used online TIS2Web and there was a new sw available for selected module and I did the reprogramming but no files appeared in the SPS Cache folder. Any ideas why?

Link to comment

Did you look in the spsDebug File. They are stored in they some times. I set my sps file to sort by date and then when you program something all the new file come to the top. Good luck

Link to comment

Has anyone found the calibration files in SPS2 yet? I was just forced to install Techline Connect.
    There is a SPS Cache directory at C:\ProgramData\GM\TDM\SPS Cache but the calibrations files never appear.

Edited by bdiveley
    Link to comment

Yep, same here, Tech line doesn't save the files to cache folder like the older sps client does.

Hopefully there's a work around, as I read GM will be retiring the old sps client soon.

On 9/11/2021 at 10:43 AM, Troy said:

I mighty be talking shit, but my techline saves bin calibration files in same location user/sps/spsCache/spscacheinternal... im just having issues with getting hmi ipc files as it throws this (see pictures)

And when I'm trying to copy lets say XMLFile It doesn't let me do that,as it's being used by java the moment to cancel programing it disappear. Is there a way to force copy a file?

16315691103837940720486790655820.jpg