Jump to content

Welcome To Cameraloops

Take a moment to join and become a member

    How to create GM DPS archive file from SPS cache files for HMI module

    This tutorial will demonstrate getting the calibration files for the HMI module and creating the DPS archive file for the HMI module.
    This process can be used for the other modules.

    Click the fullscreen icon for larger viewing.Screenshot 2021-06-13 at 1.37.02 pm.png

     


    Share This Article



    Troy

    About The Author

    Troy is a professional Artist, Photographer, Videographer, Musician and Creator with a love for arts, electronics, coding, hacking, traveling, taking photos and creating internet content. He is also the founder of CameraLoops.com


    • Like 3
    • Thanks 1
    • Love-it 1

    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    Hey Troy, can you please share an utility file and one calibration file? I didn't manage to solve that issue that the archive created is not a GMLAN archive. thanks

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    thanks Troy. It's clear for me now that my files from sps folder are somehow encrypted. I'm using GT32 offline. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 hours ago, Abdullah Anwar said:

    Great work 

    Is there anyway that i can extract maps from hmi module ? Or add other language?

    It should be possible but I don't know how to do it yet.

    • Love-it 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 6/8/2021 at 7:49 AM, WhiteAndBlue said:

    thanks Troy. It's clear for me now that my files from sps folder are somehow encrypted. I'm using GT32 offline. 

    Can you try with online sps? 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    no, I don't have online access. Tried something right now and guess what....managed to unpack the files from sps folder with 7zip. I can see some plain text in files so now they are good, build a new archive and I'm not getting that message anymore. So I'm on the right track, I'll start to build the bench loom now. I hope to succeed at the end.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    3 hours ago, WhiteAndBlue said:

    no, I don't have online access. Tried something right now and guess what....managed to unpack the files from sps folder with 7zip. I can see some plain text in files so now they are good, build a new archive and I'm not getting that message anymore. So I'm on the right track, I'll start to build the bench loom now. I hope to succeed at the end.

    😀 @loom.   I created a bench setup recently.  It took me some weeks to sort it. It was pain to get the HMI to speak on the HS-can line. 

    In the end I learnt some stuff about it.

    For the HMI, all the units must be on the MOST line ie, IPC, CD drive, HMI, Radio, and BCM and/or the MOST loop must be complete.

    And most important the BCM is the one who gives the orders if the HMI should speak or not via the 'Serial Data Communication Enable' wire.

    I'm using an old xbox360 power supply to power the modules.

     

     

    IMG_4908.jpeg

     

    Bofore

    IMG_4774 2.jpg

     

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Hello Troy! Big thanks for your work! Can you post this tutorial in a normal html/pdf? This book format is very weird for us! Thanks!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    5 minutes ago, Kovacs Nora said:

    Hello Troy! Big thanks for your work! Can you post this tutorial in a normal html/pdf? This book format is very weird for us! Thanks!

    Unfortunately it wasn't made in a PDF format and I can't convert it.

    You could try a different web browser like Firefox and Chrome.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    It will not be my first one 😄. I only need to connect ABS pump (which I want to... let's say "hack"), BCM and ECM. Probably I'll do a complete one  with IPC, light switch, as I have more mods in mind to do.

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    hi Troy

    Great work THANKS

    i just build few file already radio, bcm, hmi and cluster calibration

    do you figure out where touchpad located?

    i have my 2,5 install on my car with all extra, done by professionals (see picture) and calibration is similar like your file,

    I think touchpad sit in Display interface Calibration file.

    what you think?44117474_2021-06-1212_50_52.thumb.jpg.d53a8f36bb6d9b6c1287e79a79dee58c.jpg44117474_2021-06-1212_50_52.thumb.jpg.d53a8f36bb6d9b6c1287e79a79dee58c.jpg

    2021-05-15 10.07.38.jpg

    2021-05-15 10.07.42.jpg

    2021-05-15 10.08.26.jpg

    2021-05-15 10.08.37.jpg

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 6/12/2021 at 10:43 PM, M Ch said:

    hi Troy

    Great work THANKS

    i just build few file already radio, bcm, hmi and cluster calibration

    do you figure out where touchpad located?

    i have my 2,5 install on my car with all extra, done by professionals (see picture) and calibration is similar like your file,

    I think touchpad sit in Display interface Calibration file.

    what you think?44117474_2021-06-1212_50_52.thumb.jpg.d53a8f36bb6d9b6c1287e79a79dee58c.jpg44117474_2021-06-1212_50_52.thumb.jpg.d53a8f36bb6d9b6c1287e79a79dee58c.jpg

    2021-05-15 10.07.38.jpg

    2021-05-15 10.07.42.jpg

    2021-05-15 10.08.26.jpg

    2021-05-15 10.08.37.jpg

    Good stuff😀.

    I remember seeing the touchpad cali in either the HMI or the radio. I'll check later.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • Contributors

    @troy i like your setup!, you don't need to have all the devices in the MOST for it to work, but the loop should be closed, the only 2 basic modules for the system are the HMI and the tuner (radio module) and the display of course.

    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recent Images

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.