Jump to content

Welcome To CameraLoops

Take a moment to join and become a member

• Troy

How to change mileage in GM's cars using GM's DPS

Changing the mileage in GM vehicles is vital when recycling a used BCM module. Using the GM DPS software and this particular DPS type4 application file, you can achieve this.

To display the Type4 tab option on DPS, you need to install GM Techline connect and run the SPS programming option or copy these two files, dllsecurity.dll and tisvcsv4.dll, to C:\Users\Your_UserName\sps\nativelibs, folder.

CLICK HERE FOR THE .dll FILES.

Watch this video for the process.

DPS Type4 mileage change file

Troy

About The Author

Troy is a professional Artist, Photographer, Videographer, Musician and Creator with a love for arts, electronics, coding, hacking stuff, traveling, taking photos and creating internet content. He is also the founder of CameraLoops.com

Follow Me On Social Media

• Like 3
    • Cool 1
    • Sweet-Angel 1
    • Adore 1
    • Thanks 1
    • Agree 1
    • Love-it 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Downloader˚

HI, I DO NOT REMEMBER WHERE YOU WROTE SOME ECU ADDRESS ,COULD YOU INDICATE ME WHERE ? OR HOW FIND THESE ECU ADDRESS?

On 2/12/2022 at 7:38 PM, nostra said:

ECU ID. https://www.cameraloops.com/gm-ecu-id-list/

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, med458 said:

It is really cool, thank you for your hard work, my favorite would be radio unlocker file if its possible.

Yeah pretty cool, changing mileage in cars easy peasy.

What do you mean by radio unlock?

If you're talking about installing use radio modules, yes DPS use with these file will remove the theft lock from used radio modules.

• Like 1

• Contributors
    13 hours ago, Troy said:

Yeah pretty cool, changing mileage in cars easy peasy.

What do you mean by radio unlock?

Hi Troy thank you for your reply.  After reading about these DPM files I was under the assumption that the files work only with the radios that have the display separate from the actual radio (HMI), like those shown in the pictures.  I didn't try it, but do these DPM files also work with radios such as Escalade CUE or Sonic/Cruze MyLink style radios where the electronics and display are together in a big box?  All those types are the ones I wish I had a solution for.

PS: I like your website especially piggy nights

On 2/14/2022 at 7:02 AM, med458 said:

PS: I like your website especially piggy nights

No those files only works with the radio in the attached photo. For Escalade CUE or Sonic/Cruze MyLink it should be possible once DPS can get ecu info from those car radio. However, I would need calibration files for those radio to check and create a file for those.

• Like 1
    • Sad 1

• Downloader˚

HI,TROY , (How To Change Mileage In GM's Cars Using GM's DPS) IF I WORK ON A BENCH CAN I OBTAIN THE SAME RESULT USING THAT  PROGRAM ? THANK YOU

11 hours ago, nostra said:

Hi, once the BCM and IPC is connected I think it should also work on the bench.

5 minutes ago, aaronprg said:

Its only changes bcm's mileage. Original mileage stored in ecm's eeprom. Is there any way to change ecm's eeprom

I have never heard that before. As far as I know, GM global A, mileage is stored in the BCM module and that is how GM dealers change mileage by the BCM. Mileage is not stored in ECM on gm global a cars.

6 minutes ago, Troy said:

I use gm global car. And it stores mileage in ecm. I can prove it just using elm327 adapter. Really easy.

1 hour ago, aaronprg said:

No need to prove it. As I said mileage is stored in BCM. I don’t know how to remove mileage from ECM.

Link to comment

Hi Troy, I was wondering if you could help me. I am trying to do a milage correction on a 2016 GMC Sierra but it is not working. It says couldn't communicate with BCM.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

20220921_214103.jpg

20220921_214141.jpg

1 hour ago, Troy said:

I don't know the issue, however that file will work on 2016 cars. Do you have another car to test it on. Or use a different obd interface.

I used the same interface to do an HMI vin relearn. And that worked but dosent seem to want to do the mileage correction. I even checked the BCM address ID and it is 40. Just don't know why is it not connecting. Do you see anything in the log that might stand out ?

4 hours ago, T.Khan said:

That file works 100% on all GM global A cars up to 2018 model. Many people has bought and used it without any issues.
    I don’t know that issue you are having. Try the file on another GM car.
    Your log says 0 ecu in mapping matrix. Your obd interface could be the issue.
    Make sure car is on, engine off when using the file.

• Contributors
    Ernestas

Posted (edited)

Hi Troy, Does it work on insignia B 2017. Can't remember is it global a or b.

Ta

Edited by Ernestas

48 minutes ago, Ernestas said:

Hi Troy, Does it work on insignia B 2017. Can't remember is it global a or b.

Ta

You would need to find out if insignia 2017 is global-a, which I think it is. The file only works for global-a cars.