Welcome one and all.
Feel free to ask any questions for help in the comments section.
Here you will find Free information and files for upgrading your HMI v2 to the HMI v2.5
This will enable you to have Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, better SAT-NAV maps, play videos, faster touch reaction from the your touch screen.
This information can also be used for:
- Upgrading your 4 inch IPC/Instrument cluster to an 8 inch IPC.
- Change the VIN numbers in GM car modules that support Configuration-Setup XML file
- Vin relearn for the HMI modules.
- Vin relearn for the Radio modules aka SilverBox
The items you will need are:
- A copy of GM DPS, preferably V4.44. "Navigate to downloads section on the website"
- A compatible GM SPS/GDS2 ODB connector, for example, VXDiag, Mongoose pro-GM2, etc.
- Access to GM online SPS for collecting the needed XML files. "Some XLM files for Insignia/Buick Regal are already provided.
In this video, I demonstrate the process for gathering the XML files needed for your vehicle and using GM DPS software for changing the VIN number and RPOs in the modules that support the XML file configuration-setup.
In order to reset the VIN number in the HMI and Radio module which is known as VIN relearn you will need the relearn .zip files.
In this video, I demonstrate the process of using GM DPS to select the .zip file for the HMI modules calibration programming.
GM DPS V4.44 can be found here
The HMI module location and the USB module you will need for Apple CarPlay.
GM DPS ECU Address ID and Diagnostic PIN settings.
HMI: 8F, PIN: 6 and 14
IPC: 60, PIN: 1
BCM: 40, PIN: 6 and 14
Radio: 80, PIN: 1
DPS User Guide
Activating the instrument cluster menus
Manually activate some of the menus and pocket gauges.
- Copy this code paste it into a text editor.
- Change the ModelDesignatorRef to whatever ModelDesignatorRef you have set in the BuildRecord.txt file, In this case, I use 0GT00 for the stock elite.
- Copy the edited code.
- Open the XMLFile.xml for the IPC you are using.
- In the XMLFile.xml file, find the menu you want to activate.
- Select from <ConfData useConfData="true">' to </Parameter>
- Paste the code you copied to this location. See the attached photo for example.
- Save the XMLFile.xml file
- Use DPS to program the XML files to the module. "check the first youtube Video in post one for the process.
If you are using a performance ModelDesignatorRef, for example, the VXR/OPC in your BuildRecord.txt file, which will automatically activate the pocket gauges. To activate the boost PSI, use the edited code to activate the boost PSI. turn off the battery pocket gauge, set ( hasToBeAvailable="true" from 'true' to 'false').
Change IDREF="MD0GT00" to something like "MD0GB00".
Swap true to false, and the ModelDesignatorRef will activate and deactivate the menu.
I test it on 8 inch Insignia-A, it may work on 4 and on Insignia-B. Change the ModelDesignatorRef to match your car, you could try it, no harm can be done with XML files in the IPC, you can always revert back to the stock setting by programming back the stock files.
There could be another method to activate the menu. Some of the other menus need another method to activate. I'll update when I have more info.
<ConfData useConfData="true"> <ConfigData Value="01" AutoGenExpression="" <Product> <ModelDesignatorRef IDREF="MD0GT00" hasToBeAvailable="true" /> </Product> </ConfigData> </ConfData> <ServiceSection IsServiceAccessAllowed="false"> <Interpretation Text="Disable" Value="00" /> <Interpretation Text="Enable" Value="01" /> </ServiceSection> </Parameter>
Menu ID Locations
P_DIC_SPEED_CURVE_MENU_ENABLED = Speed limit from Sat-Nav maps
P_BATTERY_MENU_PRESENT= Right Pocket gauge Battery menu
P_DIC_OIL_TEMPERATURE_BAR_PRESENT = Right pocket gauge oil temp.
P_DIC_BOOST_PRESSURE_BAR_PRESENT = Right pocket gauge turbo boost menu.